The primary goal of the micro enterprise training is to provide our clients with sound business knowledge that will allow them to successfully open, revitalize, stabilize, or expand a small business. Our goal for the community is to expand employment opportunities within the community, increase income creation/generation, sustainable economic independence among participants.. increased upward economic multiplier effect.. job is created therefore area business gain market share due to increased buying power...
The following is a brief program outline of the micro enterprise training course:
- Development of Business Concept/Business Plan
- Business Start-Up (insurance and types of business ownership)
- Target Markets
- Marketing and Market Research
- Credit and Financing
- Record Keeping and Management
- Introduction to Cash Flow
- Legal, forms of business Tax and Governmental Compliance
The skills needed to run a successful business can be put into several categories
- Credit skills: borrowing money, dealing with banks or other creditors, interest
- Financial skills: keep accurate records, budgetting, calculating profits and losses
- Planning and Management skills: managing people, physical resources, finance
- Communication skills: speaking, writing, reading
- Marketing skills: research, sales, entrepreneurship
- Technical skills- STTMENT (Smart Technology Training for Micro Enterprise
In a Nut Shell:
Our Micro Enterprise relies heavily and is in sync with Kaufmannt:
- Evaluating a business idea to determine whether it can be viably launched into a business?
- Looking for new, strategic focus and direction of the business you're leading?
- Contemplating self-employment as a new career option?
DEFINE YOUR VISION
Defining your vision- leads you through determining whether a business idea is a feasible business opportunity. You will examine your idea from every angle and write a feasibility plan, which will help you decide if the business is a "go" or a "no go" before spending too much time or money.
Get help with concept development, market research, competition profiling, pricing, and financial projections.
This 12-week facilitated learning experience includes:
- a certified facilitator
- a step-by-step handbook
- small group exercises
- weekly take-home assignments
- individual meetings with a business coach
- access to resources and networks to help you launch your business
Smart Technology Training for Micro Enterprise - STTMENT (Pronounced 'statement')
This addresses basic and advance computer literacy for small businesses.
WADT provides a flexible education program with courses ranging from entry level to advance in the following programs:
- Computer Readiness
- Introduction to Personal Computers
- Basic – Intermediate Internet & E-mail
- Productivity Software Including
- Power Point
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Illustrator
- Business Plan Software
- Sage 50- Small business Accounting Software
- Archiving Software- Winzip, Winzip, 7-zip
- Joomla Website Components, Maintenance and building*** (Advance)
- Building and maintaining a dynamic CMS website
- Building and maintaining a Static website
Please note all programs are taught in the classroom by trained professionals. Reqd text and syllabi provided upon acceptance into the program- e-mail wadt at wadt.org for eligibility questionnaire. Acceptance into the 12-week Micro Enterprise program is acceptance into the Smart Technology Training for Micro Enterprise - STTMENT