After School Math and Science Program
After School Math and Science Program seeks to inspire and engage students in the skills that are necessary for success in high school and college.
WADT high school students program is for all students entering grades 9, 10, 11, and 12. The Program is perfect for students who are seeking to excel in high school math and science by giving them the tools they need to succeed to their full potential in high school and ensure that they are competitive in their college preparatory standardized tests
While the focus is to prepare students to succeed in high school, the fact that it is summertime is never forgotten, the programs provide the best balance of invaluable information, supportive supervision and exciting activities. All of workshops are designed to maximize each student’s potential in developing affinity for Math and Science. The High School program is geared towards preparation for SAT, in order to increase College enrollment among participants.
WADT after school Math and Science Teaches:
- The necessary social and business etiquette for success.
- How to navigate through and prepare for the increasingly competitive college admissions process.
- How to communicate efficiently, make an unforgettable impression and speak with impact.
- How to find the perfect mentor, who will show you the way to achieving success.
- How to acquire the confidence and skills to approach even the most powerful and intimidating people with ease.
- How to make the most of your high school and college years.
- What it takes to position yourself as an influential leader wherever you go.
- Study skills and presentation skills to improve classroom performance.
- How to be someone your peers look up to with respect and admiration.
- How to build the most powerful portfolio for college applications, internships and scholarships.
- Goal setting for accomplishing success.
- How to maintain a healthy body and mind.
THE 4 SECRET QUESTIONS
The four questions you must be able to answer to be in the top 6% of successful people. Develop your plan and learn how to act on it.
- TIME MANAGEMENT
- Make the most of your school years and achieve maximum productivity in life.
- WHAT DO I WANT TO DO WHEN I GROW UP?
- The three biggest career decisions – why most people make them backwards and end up far from where they want to be. Learn the LEAP formula to finding direction for success.
- FINANCIAL SUCCESS
- What to do today to be financially secure tomorrow.
- ETIQUETTE FOR SUCCESS
- Master the do’s and don’ts for social and business events.
- STUDY SKILLS
- Learn how to work “smarter” not “harder.”
- ACE THE INTERVIEW
- Practice how to answer the toughest college or job interview questions.
- WHEN VENUS AND MARS COLLIDE
- Learn what you can do to have complete confidence with the opposite sex and to create successful relationships in your life. (A special workshop)
- MENTOR ROUNDTABLE
- The program culminates in an afternoon workshop where attendees will have the opportunity to meet accomplished professionals from a variety of occupational realms and specialties. For past students, this workshop has been the starting point for a lifelong relationship with respected mentors who have helped them achieve great success.
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS
- How to impress others every time in an interview, on a date or on any occasion. The 5 biggest “first impression” blunders most students make and what to do instead that will make you positively unforgettable.
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION
- Become a powerful communicator in person, in writing and on stage.
- GET AHEAD OF THE GAME
- The secret to beating out the competition for the best scholarships and the best jobs. Learn how to get the job you want without using a resume.
- AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!
Social Highlights Include:
- First day icebreakers and improv workshops.
- Daily Math and Science team project with fun, practical application activities.
- Closing celebration
Should you have questions about program offerings e-mail wadt at wadt.org